Visa文章 文章详情

Intra-Company transferees and their family

2020-03-12 18:05:55
Family members of the Tier 2 ICT visa holders can be brought along to live together as a family in the UK. Here’s how a Tier 2 dependent visa works

As a dependent family member of a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer applicant/holder you can accompany them during their period of engagement in the UK. Your family members can apply as your dependents if their relationship with you is any of the following:


· Your husband/wife.

· Your unmarried/same-sex partner of a long-lasting relationship.

· Your child younger than 18 when applying/ 18 or over applying for LR or ILR from the UK.


Depending on whether they are in the UK at the time of application, or outside the UK, Tier 2 Visa holders’ dependents will have to follow a UK visa application process that differs from the other visas



There are a few requirements that the Tier 2 Visa holder must fulfill in order to be able to bring people with him to the UK. Aside of the dependents belonging to one of the categories listed above, the other requirements are as listed below:


· Ability to pass the general grounds for refusal of a UK visa.

· Capacity to qualify as a family member of a Tier 2 migrant - You have to be a family member of a person who:

Applies along with you, or already holds a Tier 2 visa;

You’re their partner and they already hold an ILR or British citizenship, after having held LR in Tier 2 visa category; or

You’re their child and they already hold an ILR or British citizenship, after having held a LR in Tier 2 visa category.


· Lawful immigration requirement - You must not have entered or stayed in the UK illegally, i.e. without a visa, or have a history of overstaying. This is the key requirement when applying for an extension or settlement permit.

· You must not intend to remain in the UK when your partner’s or parent’s visa expires.

· Financial requirement - You must have the needed money to cover your subsistence costs.

· Capability to qualify as a partner of a Tier 2 migrant (If you’re applying for Tier 2 Partner Visa).

· Age requirement - Both, you and your partner must be at least 18 when you arrive to the UK, or when getting the visa.

· Your partner’s immigration status - Your partner has to be in any of these situations:

Holding a valid Tier 2 visa.

Applying with you for Tier 2 visa as the main applicant.

When you apply for a Tier 2 Dependent Visa extension, your partner must be holding a valid ILR in Tier 2 visa category, or a British citizenship, after having held an LR in Tier 2 visa category.


· Married/civil partner key requirements - You must not be in a polygamous marriage/civil partnership with your partner.

· Unmarried/same-sex relationship key requirements - You and your partner should have been in relationship same as marriage/civil partnership for at least 2 continual years.

· Genuine relationship requirement - The relationship between you and your partner should be genuine and you must plan living together for the entire period of stay in the UK. And, you must not be closely related to each other, in such a way that in the UK marrying each other would be considered illegal.

· Immigration status requirement - You must not be a previous holder of the following visas:

UK visitor visa;

Short-term study visa on or after April, 2015; or

Parent of a Tier 4 (child) student on or after April, 2015.


Personal Savings

You need to show proof that you have an extra £630 available for each dependent that you plan to bring to the UK. If you present a bank statement, the money most have been in your bank account or your dependent’s bank account, for longer than 90 days before the application date.


You will not need to show proof of your savings only in case you have a fully approved (A-rated) sponsor or you possess a certificate of sponsorship that states your sponsor will provide each of your dependents with at least £630 per month if they need it.


Required Documents

A person applying to get to the United Kingdom as the dependent of a Tier 2 Visa holder, must submit the following documents during their interview with the interviewer:


· Appointment sheet - Proving the applicant has appointed a visa interview.

· Passport - Valid for 6 months beyond the planned stay, with at least one blank page in order to be able to affix visa

· Application form - In some locations you can only apply by making an online application, check that with the UK embassy in your home country. If you can apply online, take the confirmation form with you. If you cannot, fulfill the application form, print it twice, sign them at the end and bring both with you.

· One UK visa photo in colour - 45mm high by 35mm wide, taken within the last month and printed to a professional standard.

· Original birth certificate or marriage certificate - It must show dependent’s relationship to principal Tier 2 work visa holder.

· Previous passports - In order to show your previous travel history. If you have more than one, do not staple them. Instead, just tie them with a rubber band.

· Tuberculosis screening - If you are from a country the nationals of which are required to take a tuberculosis screening

· Official translations of every document that is not in English


Tier 2 Children Dependents

When it comes to bringing children to the UK under the Tier 2 Dependent Visa, things are a bit more complicated. The process of the application process for children depends a lot in the relationship of their parents. That is why, for a child to qualify for a dependent visa, he or she must meet one of the following:


· The whole family is applying for UK visas at the same time (one parent is applying as under the Tier 2 visa, while his/her spouse and children as their dependent)

· Both parents are in the UK (one of them or both under the Tier 2 Visa), while the underage child is applying to join them from abroad as a dependent

· One parent is in the UK, while the other is applying together with the child to join as a dependent from abroad


However, exempt from meeting one of the above rules are the families with one of the following cases:


· When only one parent is alive

· When one parent holds the sole responsibility for the child

· When there are serious or compelling considerations which must be taken into account

· In either case, documents must be submitted when applying in order to prove that the applicant is in one of the above-mentioned situations.


Tier 2 Dependent Visa Work Eligibility

If you come to the UK and you have the required age which permits you to work, then you are allowed to take a job according to your qualifications. The only exception is that Tier 2 Dependents are not allowed to work as a doctor in training.


In addition, if you come to the UK as a Tier 2 Spouse Dependent then you are not allowed to switch your visa to a Tier 2 Visa once in UK, even if you find a job that requires highly skilled persons. You will have to return to you home country and apply from there in order to be able to obtain a Tier 2 Visa.


Permanent Residency

You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after having lived in the UK for 5 continuous years. This applies if the person on whom your stay in the UK relies on qualifies for settlement permit, or has already been settled permanently.


You must:

· Evidence of possessing a valid Tier 2 Dependent Visa.

· Evidence for having been in the UK for 2 or 5 continuous years.

· Proof of absences you have made from the UK during the qualifying period of residence.

· Proof of that your parent/partner has a valid Tier 2 visa. Or, they are settled or have become British citizens.